Monday, June 20, 2011

Hello Again!

After much deliberation and debate on both sides of the spectrum, I am no longer vegan.

The main reason is this: my food allergies.

I am literally allergic to a vegan diet.

The first offender is wheat - which surprisingly turned out to be wheat gliadin, and less the actual gluten causing a reaction, Along with that, all dairy products, eggs, soy, corn, shellfish and some nuts have been cut from my diet. I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting, too.

With the new modified diet, I hope to achieve a healthier, happier life. I am constantly in pain, either with headaches, breakouts, or general body aches and fatigue.

I've also decided to re-dedicate my time to posting more often. Right now and in the past 3 months I have been busy either working two jobs or working really hard at one job. Now that time is on my side, though, and finances are getting easier, I think I will find a lot more space left in my brain to be creative.

Thank you to those of you who have stayed or will stay a fan of Modified Nutrition even after the veganism has come and gone. I still firmly respect vegans and vegetarians, but unfortunately I am unwilling to sacrifice as much as some can or will. I hope you will keep coming back to read more, and thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment