Sunday, June 26, 2011

Allergy Diet Results

Hi everyone! If any of you have been wondering why I haven't been blogging, its because Matt's laptop broke recently. It's a little harder to blog from my phone.

I've been following the new allergy diet following my recent results - wheat free and dairy free seem easy compared to wheat free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, corn free and nut free. Although none of these foods cause a true allergic reaction, they cause severe inflammation (eggs are only very slight - I've been eating them sporadically and have not had any side effects.)

One of my major concerns all of my life has been cystic acne. In the two weeks I have been following this strict diet (although I haven't truly been eating healthier; there are still unhealthy foods that fit this category) I have noticed a significant change in my skin. Without having to enitrely cut carbs (I can still eat potatoes and rice) my skin has cleared drastically. The breakouts along my jawline and neck have almost completely disappeared. Other ailments such as headaches and digestive problems, and additional weight I gained in recent months, have not changed that much. I've read about people reaching their normal weight by following the plan, because their bodies are finally able to function properly without the constant battle against invasive inflammation. I guess I'll wait and see if that's a side effect of the diet.

Overall, the diet is easy to follow when I cook at home. Eating out is the biggest challenge. Even at Olive Garden I was able to find a dinner that fit my plan, although it turns out the dressing had cheese in it, which I could tell almost immediately after eating it. I am starting to feel better day by day, and I think everyone should have this testing done. It is possible to feel well!

No comments:

Post a Comment