Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Fairly Normal Breakfast

After dropping Matt off at work this morning, it was still nice and early, so I decided to drive to PCC Natural Markets in Greenlake to pick up a few things for breakfast. Well, I won't go into detail about what a few things ended up turning into, but I did find some amazing gluten free, vegan English muffins. They were surprisingly moist and soft inside:


(Please excuse my rookie picture/lighting skills... my camera phone is gen 1; you know how that goes.)

The brand is Food For Life and they can be found at Whole Foods or PCC Natural Markets, at least in the Pacific Northwest.

I had these in the fridge already:



So I slathered some Earth Balance on the muffin and broiled it for about 10 minutes. I get the soy free Earth Balance because there is soy in just about everything else we eat (especially vegans and vegetarians, since we rely on tempeh and tofu for protein sources. But even omnivores get an overabundance of soy and corn in their diet - I'll save this for another blog post though.)

The finished product looked like this:



But it tasted just like a normal breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment